Friday, August 22, 2008

reunions

It took me eleven years to go back and visit my high school Alma mater - The Sisters of Mary School. It was a school founded by an American priest Fr. Aloysius Schwartz now being run by Filipino and Korean nun. Modestly aside, most of the students here belong to the top ten of primary school graduating class. Each scholar were given free education, board and lodging, food and even clothes. I could say that i got the best high school education here because during my time, most of the teachers have masters degree, some of them are licensed engineer. And not only that, this school gave deep values formation centered through Christ. Indeed, it was an oasis in the desert.

After being so far with the school for eleven years, honestly, I had lots of hesitations attending the grand alumni homecoming, thinking that reunions like that would just be a vehicle for show offs, but I was wrong. It was fun. I had a great time. My high school buddies were still the same girls whom i laughed and cried with. They were still down to earth despite the fact that they've gone long ways and achieved greater heights. They remained gentle yet strong, polished by life's harsh realities. Simplicity was still there, virtue that the school founder inculcated in us. From then on, i always look forward to occasions like that where we can bond and share the latest happenings in our lives.

No comments: