Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Places to Visit in the Philippines : Davao

Philippines is such a very beautiful country. For me, it's still paradise..except for traffic and politics. We have lots of political issues to date, but i don't want to say something about that. Instead, i want to share with you the best places to visit while here in the our country. I'll start with Davao. I went there for a business meeting and site inspection for the Air Navigation Facilities Modernization Project last August of 2003. Its been five years. It was one of the best places I've ever been. Given the chance, i would be very happy to go back.

First, I'd like to give a brief introduction of Davao Region.

Philippines is subdivided in different region. Davao Region is located on the southeastern portion of Mindanao. Davao Region consists of four provinces such as Compostela Valley, Davao del Norte, Davao Oriental, and Davao del Sur. The region encloses the Davao Gulf and its center is Davao City. Davao is the Hispanicized pronunciation of daba-daba, the Bagobo word for "fire" (the Cebuano translation is "kayo").



There are two islands i wanted to visit in Davao region. The Samal and Malipano Islands.

Samal Island is called The Island Garden. Samal is a 2nd class city in the province of Davao del Norte. The name is often abbreviated into IGaCoS. The Island Garden City of Samal is now a part of (Metropolitan Davao) Metro Davao. This photo is not actually mine. I got this from yahoo images. Next time, I'll be posting mine. hehehe..i really want to go back to Davao and visit the places I've never been.


Next to Samal Island is the Malipano Island. Its about 3800 feet from Samal Island. I don't have much information about this island, except for the articles that i read stating that its a perfect place for beach wedding as well as private party. Hmmm, I'm intrigue..i hope that one time i could visit this place too.

Till next time, I'll be posting about Cebu, the Queen City of the South.

No comments: