Thursday, July 31, 2008

nihonggo

Learning a new language is one of the things i wanted to achieve. I got the chance to study another language when our company sponsored the Nihongo training. Only 14 staff were given the opportunity. We had our lectures 3 times a week for 2 hours a day. Our sensei came from one of the prestigious language school in the country. He lived in Japan for more than 10 years, with that, he was able to teach us not only the language itself but also Japanese cultures and traditions.

I enjoyed learning the language. It became very useful to me when i went to Japan for one week to attend the Kick-off Meeting for our new project. On day to day basis, my boss sometimes talked to me in Nihongo.

Let me share with you the basic greetings and few questions in Nihongo.

Good Morning - Ohayou Gozaimazu

Good Afternoon - Konnichiwa

Good Evening - Konbanwa

Sayonara - Goodbye

Oyasumi Nasai - Good night

Tadaima - Im back

Arigato Gozaimasu - Thank you very much.

Moo Ichido Itte Kudasai - Please say it again.

Kotaete Kusadai - Please answer.

O-genki desu ka. - How are you?

I'll be starting my Nihongo 2 this coming August. I hope that i could do well in it despite of my very busy schedule.

Till next time..live and let live!

No comments: